Regional Accounts Section
Functions of Regional Accounts Section
- 1. Preparation of report on “An Economic and Functional Classification of the Budgets of Municipal Committees/ Councils/Corporation in Haryana” on annual basis.
- 2. Collection and Compilation of the Budgets of “Gram Panchayats” and “Panchayat Samities” in Haryana on annual basis.
- 3. Compilation of data on “Local Bodies” for inclusion in State Abstract of Haryana.
- 4. Compilation of data on Budget of Municipal Committees for use in State Income Estimates and Capital Formation.
An Economic and Functional Classification of the Budgets of Municipal Committees/Councils/Corporations in Haryana
1. The Budgets of the Municipal Committees/Councils/Corporation are collected through the DSO's.
- (a) The budgetary transactions of municipal budgets are then reclassified and regrouped into meaningful economic categories.
- (b) The items of revenue and expenditure of municipalities are also reclassified and regrouped according to the function they perform such as:
- Medical Public Health
- Economic Services etc
- 2. These two classifications are integrated into 'Economic-cum-Functional Classification’.
- 3. Services are split horizontally into economic categories and vertically into functional classification for preparation of the report.
- 4. These reports are useful to the State
- (a) For deriving the direction and impact of income and expenditure of the municipalities.
- (b) For the administrators and planners in decision making in respect of municipal budgets.
Budgets of "Gram Panchayats" and "Panchayat Samitis" in Haryana
- 1. The Budgets of Gram Panchayats and Panchayat Samitis are collected through DSO's.
- 2. The various transactions of income and expenditure of these budgets are compiled and consolidated.
- 3. The consolidated expenditure made on capital side by Gram Panchayats is included in Capital Formation Estimates.
Data on "Local Bodies" for State Abstract of Haryana
- 1. District-wise income and expenditure of Municipal Committees/Councils/Corporations in Haryana.
- 2. Income and expenditure of Municipal Committees/ Councils/ Corporations in Haryana.
- 3. The sources of income of Municipal Committees/ Councils/ Corporations in Haryana.
- 4. The items of expenditure of Municipal Committees/ Councils/ Corporations in Haryana.
Data on Municipal Budgets for use in State Income Estimates and Capital Formation
Expenditure incurred by the Municipal Committees/ Councils/ Corporations in Haryana on wages & salaries, goods & services and capital outlay is prepared for inclusion in State Income Estimates and Capital Formation