DISTRICT PLAN SECTION
Planning process at lower level has been a matter of discussion since First Five Year Plan. Decentralization of Planning process has acquired considerable significance with 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Act. Basic idea to formulate District Plan (DP) is involvement of PRIs and local bodies in preparation of area plans and implementation of schemes for economic development & social justice. This process may results in efficient use of resources, equitable sharing of benefits from development and giving power to local bodies. Planning Commission, GOI, desired that State Govt. should prepare district plan & incorporate it in State Annual Plan 2007-08 and 11th FYP 2007-12.
- To identify problems, needs and gaps so as to create basic infrastructure on the basis of priority of the local people
- To provide financial resources for creating basic infrastructure
- Linkage within the 3 tiers of Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Review of development programmes/works
- State Govt. has appointed Planning Department as Nodal Department for preparing/monitoring the District Plan.
- Planning Office has been given the work of District Plan at District level.
- DPC is being set-up by Urban Development Department in all districts of State.
- Addl. Deputy Commissioner-cum-Chief Planning & Development Officer has been appointed as Ex-Officio Member Secretary of DPC to coordinate departments at district level.
Planning at Grassroots’ Level
- Identification of available resources and facilities.
- Ascertain the local requirement based on departmental criterion.
- Gap calculation.
- Segregation of Gaps for Five Year Plan.
- Preparation of Village, Block and District Plans.
- Approval of Plans by Gram Sabha, Block Samiti and District Planning Committees
- Allocation of Resources for implementation at grassroots level.
- Implementation and monitoring of Plans.
District Planning at State Level
- Collection of District wise – Schematic allocation of Annual Plan and FYP from various departments and convey to Planning Units in the field.
- Collection of approved Village Plan, Block Plan and District Plan
- Integration of district plan into State Annual plan and FYP.
- Accordingly the State Annual Plan FYP will be submitted to the Planning Commission, GOI.