Planning Wing Operates at Two Level:
- Planning Wing at Headquarter Level
- Planning Wing at District Level
Functions of Planning Wing at Headquarter Level:
- To assess the level of development in important sectors for the State as a whole as well as for various districts and regions.
- To assist the State Govt. in the formulation of the five year plan and annual plans.
- To determine the priorities for the State in the light of the overall national objectives.
- To suggest policies and programmes for removing the imbalances prevailing in various regions in the State and assist in formulation of district plans
- To evaluate Development schemes/programmes being implemented in the state.
- To advise on such other matters connected with the economic development as may be assigned by the State Government.
- To Review and monitor the progress of developmental plan schemes/programmes on quarterly/half-yearly/annual basis with the concerned departments of State Government.
- To prepare state level District Plan document by compiling various District Plan documents.
Planning Wing at District Level:
- To draw up schemes of Local Importance at district level and to prepare district development plans on basis of financial resources available/received from the State Government.
- To collect basic data and prepare a status report about the position with regard to various development parameters
- To identify problems of different areas and steps required for tackling such problems keeping in view the potential for development at the local level.